Mobility Equipment Rental Terms
Gateway Rentals rents to Renter signing this agreement mobility equipment (scooter) subject to all the terms and conditions set forth in this Rental Agreement and Renter agrees:
- The mobility equipment is the property of and is in good condition Gateway Rentals. Renter will return the mobility equipment in the same condition as when received, at the end of the rental period for inspection and recharge of battery (if necessary), or sooner, upon the demand by Gateway Rentals may repossess the mobility equipment without demand at any time if it is used in violation of the terms of this agreement.
- Renter may cancel this order at any time; Renter will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the rental fee per Mobility Device.
- Gateway Rentals shall not be liable or responsible for the loss of or damage to any property left, lost, damaged, stolen, stored or transported by Renter, its agents, servants, or employees, or any other person on the scooter, either before or after the return thereof Gateway Rentals. Renter assumes all risk of such loss or damage and waives all claims against by reason thereof and Renter agrees to hold Gateway Rentals harmless Gateway Rentals from and to defend and indemnify Gateway Rentals against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss or damage.
- Renter assumes all risk and liability for any loss, damage or injury, including death, to persons or property of Renter or others arising out of the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
- Renter is responsible for the mobility equipment and will reimburse for the full cost of replacement Gateway Rentals upon demand for any damage, loss, theft, or destruction of the mobility equipment. The Renter understands and authorizes that Gateway Rentals will charge the credit card used for any repair costs or the replacement costs of the mobility equipment.
- The following restrictions are cumulative and each shall apply to every use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment. Under no circumstances shall the mobility equipment be used, operated by any person: a) under the age of 18; or b) while under the influence of intoxicants or narcotics; or c) in an unsafe manner.
- Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Gateway Rentals, all of their agents, officers, servants, and employees from and against any and all losses, liability claims, damages, injuries, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury claimed by persons that may arise from the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment, provided that such loss or damage was not caused by the fault or gross negligence and willful misconduct of Gateway Rentals or its employees.
- Renter assumes all costs and expenses of every kind and nature, including legal fees and disbursements arising out of and in connection with the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
- Gateway Rentals assumes no liability or responsibility for any acts or omissions of Renter or of Renters agents, servants, or employees.
- Renter shall require drivers to operate the scooter with reasonable care and diligence and comply with the terms of this agreement. Renter shall notify Gateway Rentals immediately of any and all accidents and damage resulting from the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
- Renter agrees to pay all costs, expenses, and attorneys fees incurred by Gateway Rentals in collecting sums due or in regaining possession of mobility equipment or in enforcing or recovering any damage, losses or claims against Renter.
- Renter or the driver of the mobility equipment shall in no event be deemed the agent or employee of Gateway Rentals in any manner or for any purpose whatsoever.
- Any individual executing this Agreement as Renter in a representative capacity shall be bound personally, jointly and severally, with such fiduciary, corporation or other entity as to all obligations, expressed or implied, arising hereunder.
- If any provisions hereof or the application of any provisions to any person or circumstance is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder hereof and the application of such provision to other persons or circumstances shall remain valid and enforceable.
Credit and Debit Card Policies
Gateway Rentals accepts most major credit cards as credit identification and payment at the time of rental.
Gateway Rentals reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek a Debit Card authorization hold of the estimated rental charges. When using a debit card at Orlando Mobility Scooter Rentals.
If you fail to return the Scooter as agreed, Gateway Rentals will obtain additional authorizations from your account to cover the rental charges and the balance value of the scooter.
Gateway Rentals is not responsible for any returned checks or over-drafts based on this policy.
Positive identification in addition to your driver´s license may be required.
Cash or Check cards can be used at the end for payment of rental charges.
Note: Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
No Show Policy
As a courtesy to fellow customers kindly cancel any unneeded reservation as soon as your plans change.
In certain cases, a cancellation fee of 100% of the rental fee may apply if an unwanted reservation is not cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the Delivery time or if the customer fails to pick the scooter up after it been drop off as requested. To avoid this fee, please cancel at least 72 hours in advance.
Scooters are due back at the date/time specified on the rental agreement. If you need to extend your rental, you must call us prior to expiration.
Out of Battery
Scooters are fully charge at the time of delivery, customer is responsible to charge the battery as needed. If you forget to charge the battery and become stranded, you may call us and request a delivery of a fully charged battery, at a fee of $25 during business hour and $30 all other time.Gateway